Cross dock services allow you to ship your products to the customer with little or no storage. This shipping method can help to give you a competitive edge in the marketplace! Discover if this service is the best fit for you and the benefits of cross docking while learning how outsourcing can save you even more time and resources.
When it’s the Best Time to Utilize Cost Dock Services
Cross dock services offer a valuable option if you’re looking to:
- Increase inventory efficiency
- Save on transportation costs
- Reduce warehouse storage needs
So, when is the best time to begin using cross dock services? If your inventory fits any of the below groups, it may be an excellent time to consider cross docking.
- Flash Sale Items – This works great for Cyber Monday or Black Friday deals because of the large quantity quickly being sent directly to the customers.
- Pre-tagged Products – This makes it easy for products to go from storage right onto the truck and to the customer, reducing shipping time and giving you a competitive edge.
- Stable Inventory Items – Products with a steady, consistent demand can be placed on a recurring delivery schedule, saving on transportation costs.
- Time-Sensitive Products – Shipping products directly to the cross dock terminal will help extend its short shelf life since you’re removing the storage step.
Cost Saving Benefits of Cross Dock Services
Now that you know the type of products and the best time to begin cross docking, here are some of the benefits of cross dock services.
- Reduces the need for warehouse space
- Less material handling is needed (less inventory damage)
- Easier to monitor inventory and find damaged products before it reaches the customer
- Saves on labor costs (no packing and storage)
- Reduces transportation costs
- Inventory efficiency
- Fixed asset cost savings are available
- High product turnover rates
- Faster shipping times for the customer
- Increased customer satisfaction
Now you have more options for saving money, increasing efficiency, and providing better customer service!
Outsourcing Makes Cross Docking Even Easier
When managing a cross dock facility in-house, there are some additional responsibilities to consider, including:
- Someone to oversee the cross docking operations
- Setting up cross docking terminals
- Regularly work with trucking companies to ensure product delivery
- Prepare to handle errors or problems as they arise
That’s where third-party logistics (3PL) providers can help to direct and oversee your needs. A 3PL provider leverages its network to provide you with several logistics services. They offer companies a way of having their own logistics or transportation departments without the significant investment and time needed to oversee them.
Are You Ready to Save Time and Money?
Beitler Logistics Services, Inc. (BLS) offers cross dock services to manage your product’s tracking information and compliance while guaranteeing delivery. Learn more about the Beitler quality system and how it can benefit your company.