If you’re ready to begin working with a third-party logistics (3PL) company for your B2B final mile deliveries, this article is a great start. It’ll explain what you can expect with your delivery logistics, the types of services available, and overall expectations. If you would like to learn more information about final mile solutions, you can read this in-depth article on Final Mile Delivery Services.
B2B Final Mile Delivery Services
Unlike residential deliveries, when freight or equipment needs to be delivered to a commercial or warehouse location, it’s a very different process. The most common reasons you would want to take advantage of B2B last mile include:
- Equipment or fixture delivery with setup
- A large shipment of high-value products
- Regularly shipping products to various retail locations
- A need for specialized white glove delivery options
Additionally, a notable benefit of working with a 3PL provider is their ability to customize their services to meet your demands. For example, Beitler Logistics Services (BLS) has over 100 years of experience working with companies’ transportation and logistics needs. This experience gives their team the understanding needed to meet your expectations with quality, superior service.
Types of Delivery Services Available
Since B2B shipments requirements differ depending on the delivery location, several service options are available to you.
Delivery right to the final location.
Receive standard service with the option to expedite the shipment for overnight or same-day delivery.
Receive standard service with the option to add on additional assistance if needed.
- Palletized freight
- Pallet jacks
- Direct trucking
- Local/Regional/National locations
White Glove Delivery Service
This is for any shipment that requires extra support once the item is delivered. Typically, this includes professional installation and setup of new retail locations or trade show exhibits and booths. Additionally, there are other services available that would be considered ‘white glove,’ this includes:
- Over-the-threshold delivery upon arrival
- Fragile items that require added packaging and handling
- Unpacking and debris removal
- Reverse logistics services
Since the final mile step is the last leg of the delivery process, you want to guarantee complete visibility throughout transportation. Every 3PL provider has standards and expectations when it comes to their services.
At BLS, here’s what you should expect from your final mile shipments.
- Tracking visibility throughout the shipment
- Access to a 24/7 customer service and operations center
- High standards for all equipment and vehicle tires
- Proprietary security for all trucks and trailers
- GPS monitored vehicles
- Full uniform with company logo for all drivers
- Visible photo ID for all drivers
- Every driver has radio or cell phone communication
Overall, it’s vital to work with a 3PL provider that’s the right fit for your business. Our article, Working with a 3PL for Your Final Mile Delivery Solutions, will help you during your research.
Take Part in the BLS Final Mile Advantage
The BLS team is committed to your success; that’s why we share the Beitler Advantage with you. It’s our promise to provide the highest levels of professionalism, honor, and honesty every day. We’ve developed processes and procedures to ensure your transportation and logistics success.
Contact us to learn more about how we can help you today.