Retail logistics is when retailers strategize and implement a plan to move their product from a warehouse or supplier’s location to their store or the consumer. Understanding how to maneuver the transportation process effectively is essential since retail solutions play a significant role for both business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) retailers.
Due to its complex nature, many retailers look for a third-party logistics (3PL) company to assist them with transportation, fulfillment, warehousing, and reverse logistics needs. You’ll gain a significant advantage when you learn how custom retail logistics solutions can help your business save you time and money while giving you a competitive edge.
Questions to Consider When Evaluating Retail Logistics Services
Retail strategy services involve storing and moving freight to the end-user. You’ll have to examine your business’s needs to determine which solutions, to begin with, then anticipate future needs.
Here are some questions to consider during your review.
- What type of transportation do you need?
- Pool distribution
- Full truckload
- A combination of the above
- How far distance does your freight need to travel? How quickly will your product need to be transported?
- Local/regional/national shipments
- Expedited services
- Direct trucking
- Will you need special services with your shipments?
- Pallet jacks
- Palletized deliveries
- Do you need space to store merchandise before it’s shipped?
- Do you need a warehousing space that can also act as a fulfillment center?
- Will your products require special storage?
- Short term storage
- Sort and seg
- Pick and pack
- Temperature and humidity controlled
- Inventory management
- Do you need help with product returns?
- Disposal of unwanted items
- Package removal
The above questions will help you narrow down the services you’ll need for your retail logistics strategy.
Finding Retail Solutions with the Right 3PL Provider
After reviewing your needs, it’ll be easier to search for a 3PL provider that can accommodate your growing business. When you find a 3PL company that can adapt as you expand, you’ll know it’s the right fit. Finding a top-quality company is a crucial step in your custom retail logistics strategy. The right provider can help you move beyond your current level.
BLS and Retail Logistics Solutions
Beitler Logistics Services (BLS) is a leading 3PL and non-asset provider. Our team has decades of experience in logistics and transportation services. This experience allows them to help achieve your goals through superior customer service, communication, flexibility, integrity, and service.
We regularly work with retailers in a variety of ways to develop a custom retail strategy for them.
- Retail store setups
- Store fixtures relocation and transfers
- Pool distribution and consolidation
- All freight distribution
- LTL shipments
- Warehousing and fulfillment
- Retail cross dock
- Product returns with reverse logistics
- B2B final mile delivery
Are You Ready to Begin Your Retail Logistics Solutions Strategy?
Give yourself an edge over the competition with a retail logistics plan by working with a superior 3PL company, BLS! When you choose BLS, we can grow with your company, adjust your services to meet lower or higher demands, and accommodate your changing needs.